Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Swim lessons graduate

It's summer time and what does that mean?  Summer time means swimming!!!  To be honest swimming and little ones does scare me.  I have nightmares about my boys drowning.  So what do we do to help that?  Swim lessons of course.  Last year was Lyndon's first year of swim lessons and he started off hesitatant but we ended in the mommy and me class with a bang. I enrolled him in the preschool class again this year with hopes that he'd do well.  Drum roll...He Did GREAT!!!  YEA!!  He went under a lot, let his teachers have him float on his back, "swam" with his teachers under their arms and did "races" across the pool.  I was so proud of him.  At the end of his two week lessons he received his report card and he passed every skill!!  YEA!!  By no means is he an official swimmer.  He still wears floaties when swimming.  But he is much more comfortable in the water now, he remembers to kick and do his ice cream scoops (arms strokes) and is jumping off the side now.  I wasn't able to get any pictures during the actual swim lessons because I was chasing a 1 year old who was a new walker.  But I was able to snap this excited smile on the last day.



No comments: