Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A peek into my future...

Let me just tell ya. I truly had a foreshadowing moment of what life will be like having 2 sons. This past weekend was what our church calls Big Weekend. It's a discipling weekend for the high school students, they stay in homes by grades and college students come in to teach them. We hosted the 11th grade boys. Jumping to the end, it was a great time. We had a blast. But I do have to tell ya many times throughout the weekend I had the thought and mental pictures of this being my future. There was a lot of basketball playing (on the Fisher Price, plastic, indoor goal of Lyndon's), watching ESPN, wrestling, ping pong and eating. All boy right!!! There is one moment that does make me go "oh no" about it all though. It was Friday night and I already said my goodnight and left Jeffery with the boys, it was about 1:15 am. At that time some were inside and some were in the garage playing what they call sting pong. Due to my growing belly I have to have a pillow between my legs to sleep more comfortably. We had set out some extra pillows in case someone needed one. Since I had already done the "motherly" rounds checking to make sure all were taken care of I knew that there was at least one pillow not being used. So without even thinking I made my way out of my room. Well at that point all of them were out in the garage and laughing and having a grand ole time. So I think I'll go see what's so fun, I can't miss out on fun right. So I come around the corner, 2 or 3 boys standing there at the door laughing hard, but they clearly see me coming...and don't bother to stop me. Then I enter the doorway of the garage to find one of the boys standing up against the wall at the end of the ping pong table, A. with Lyndon's little 4wheeler helmet on, B. shirt off, C. ping pongs being hit at him in the stomach and chest HARD and D. only in his boxers!!!!! I screamed and walked away!! Now I know it's not the biggest of deal since it was boxers...but still!!

OH GEE!!! BOYS!!!! I know from now on, once momma goes to bed she must stay in bed and leave the boys to daddy.

2 comments:

Melodie said...

ha. funny. sounds like a tv show that used to air on mtv. :)

Holly said...

LOL!!! That's funny and oh boy do we have our hands full. I have that and then the thought of 2 teenage girls, oh dear!!!