Friday, January 14, 2011

Colorado family vacation

We got to take our 2nd Behymer family vacation this year. We left the day after Christmas, 2 vehicles in tow, 4 children, 6 adults and lots of stuff in tow and headed to Colorado. One thing we always like to do when we go to CO. is snowmobiling. That's a guarantee even before skiing. But Jeffery, Norman and Sommer all skied as well, and Lane went to snowboarding school. Along with those two snow events all kids, except Brier, and some adults went sledding a couple times. I have to admit, I really am a true beach/sunshine girl through and through. But considering we just don't see snow like that here at home I do love to get out in it. I realized on this vacation I am not one to enjoy just getting away and relaxing even if it's just sitting around at the house, no schedule, just relaxing. I want to go most of the time. Especially with this rare opportunity of snow, I want out in it and I want Lyndon out in it. Due to my "condition" I didn't partake in any of the listed activities, except for being the photographer. Which I was glad to do. Lyndon loved sledding. And I loved watching him sled. So much fun. I think maybe even more than sledding he loved his new snow boots. Simple little guy. It was a great week with family. I'm so glad we get to do it. Probably the highlight(s) of the week for me is watching Lyndon and his cousins playing together. Sadly we only live 30 minutes apart yet we just don't see them enough. So it was lots of fun seeing them play. Due to pic overload I made a slide show!



I have to add this fun video of Lyndon sledding.


video

No comments: