Tuesday, May 11, 2010

March March March for babies

We had a wonderful Saturday as our family March for Babies with the March of Dimes. Technically this wasn't our first experience. But really is was. Last year was postponed due to lighting and rain. And the rescheduled event was very informal and not the true experience. This was what I would call the main event. There was a guessed number of around 5,000 people there, all marching to raise awareness to the cause that One Day All Babies will be Born Healthy. I felt completely honored to be apart of this event. Is that weird for me to say that I'm honored to have had a scary season of life? Well see that's exactly what God does for us when we trust in him through the storms. Something as scary as your body going into labor 10 weeks early, and having your child 7 weeks early and to not come home from the hospital with you. That's right. God promises us he will not give us anything we can't handle. I have been able to be apart of so many precious miracle stories, pray with many mommas and for many mommas I don't even know, of course pray for precious tiny babies and try to be of a help and walk this journey with others... With all of that and many many more privileges is why it was an honor to march last Saturday. Yes it is still very hard for me to believe that this is the story of Lyndon my child. Yes I would've loved for him to have an easier beginning to his life. But oh my lands...He's perfect!!! He's perfect first and foremost because of his sweet creator Jesus who formed his little body in my body. But secondly he was born so much healthier than expected because of the March of Dimes. Money from the March of Dimes helps fund research that educated my OB doctor and she knew how to keep me pregnant for 3 more weeks, and provided us with an amazing NICU. Any who this is not where I intended this blog to go. Being apart of such a special family at the March for Babies warmed my heart. We could not have had better weather. Thank you so much to everyone who supported our team or someone through the March of Dimes. Enjoy some fun moments from the day.

Our Lovin' Lyndon shirts

We're so glad to have this little guy


Pre March aerobics with Pawpaw, cousin Boo and Grammie


warming up with Nanny and Pawpaw


And we're Marching. We were so grateful to have our family there to support Lyndon and this wonderful cause


Our sweet niece Aubby even got to be apart of it. Her family was there walking for her youngest brother who was also born too soon



4 families ALL from Altus with March of Dimes babies

(Cason Brola, Gerick Bass, Asia "Dash" and Lyndon "Bonds")

Thank you March of Dimes. We most certainly cherish our angel Lyndon. As there were many families walking in memory of their angels. Everyone give an extra hug and say an extra prayer of thanksgiving for your little ones.

2 comments:

Melodie said...

yay for the walk and healthy little, Lyndon!

Cindy said...

Daysha, he is just perfect. Praise the Lord for such a smart, sweet, healthy lil boy! I miss you guys...zoo trip sometime soon?