Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Birthday party for Jesus

Lyndon hosted his first (hopefully annual) Birthday party for Jesus. This was such a treat. I was so excited planning it, and then even more joy was beaming from me during it. I didn't come up with this idea myself. But once I heard of it I loved it and wanted to do it. I thought it would be a great way to help keep, not only little ones but us parents too, our hearts on Jesus. And of course it is always fun to have our friends over. So I sent out the e-vite and had friends rsvp that they would be here. It was a fabulous time of playing, then of course singing Happy Birthday to Jesus and eating cupcakes. We had a house full...and I LOVED IT!! 13 kiddos...yep you read correctly. It was loud and crazy. But it was so special. I honestly had a few moments of pure thanksgiving that I was able to be doing this. I thank the Lord that I get to be a momma to my sweet Lyndon, that I get to be the one raising him in our home in these early years and that we've been so incredibly blessed with a great surrounding of friends. (although we were and still are waiting for our sweet friend Holden to show up from Texas, his momma must have gotten lost).
Thank you Lord for sending your perfect Son in the form of a baby and thank you for the life you've given me. I pray we always remember you!!

Some fun pictures of the celebration:




these are two different pics, but to cute not to show both. Although sweet Colin is hid behind his sister in both.



1 comment:

Melodie said...

what a good turnout and fun little party. yes, we definitely got lost. :)