Sunday, July 5, 2009

It's Independence Day!!

A. I love summertime...B. I love the 4th of July. And this year is going down in the books as the best yet. Technically last year was Lyndon's first 4th of July, but he was only a wee 7 weeks old, and actually due on July 4th last year.


so teeny tiny


But this year he really got to enjoy it. We began the day at the Bethany parade. My family's a sucker for a parade. So since we've lived up here it's been our tradition to go, and I'm glad to continue that tradition into my family.




my sweet niece Aubrey was here, and that made it even more special



We then went over to the Bethany festivities. Lyndon loved petting the baby goats and even had his first ride on a choo choo train.





Then our cookout at my parents was moved into the garage while the monsoon came through. But fortunately we did get to see the fireworks. Lyndon was so tired. But since he doesn't like to be rocked to sleep he fought it, still with a smile. He seemed to be in awe of them and just watched and would even reach out to them. But I guess they got boring because he finally had enough. It was a long, but Wonderful day.




To add to the special day, July 4th is also my mamaw's birthday. She got to come here and we got to celebrate with her. Happy 75th Birthday Mamaw.

3 comments:

Melodie said...

fun day! look at that young, spunky mamaw!

McCain Family said...

Hooray for the 4th! and happy birthday to Mamaw! Sounds like you had a great time. Lyndon is so stinkin cute.

Love ya!

Keith and Jessica said...

He is so precious!

Thanks for reaching out on my blog and getting connected!