Sunday, May 17, 2009

Entering the blogging world, and giving a 1 yr update

Well here we are. I have followed many blogs for some time now. I've had a few friends tell me since having Lyndon that we should have a family blog. My thought, excuse, was I don't have that much to say that's interesting. But I have come to realize that in the life of our precious oh so precious little guy Lyndon there's plenty that the world will want to see and hear about. So here we are!!!

I waited for what I thought was the perfect time to jump in to all of this. And what better time than when our Lyndon is turning one. We just celebrated his first birthday and his actual birthday is tomorrow, although he was born on a Sunday night. Get this, it is 9:30 pm and he was born at 9:42 pm last year. *tears are running down my face now* Weird weird weird, all to weird for me. But wow are we blessed!?!? So much!!

So, for a documentation for a lifetime purposes and to share with potential readers, I will give a brief (i'll try to be brief at least) run down through pictures of our past year.

This is longer than this past year. We found out our family would be growing on October 30, 2007. This is how we told our parents.

Then when we were 30 weeks pregnant things got real exciting. That's when I went into preterm labor and went on full hospital bed rest.

Then on May 18, 2008, 9:42 pm, at 33 weeks pregnant we welcomed our precious bundle of joy, weighing 4.7 lbs.



After only, but the longest 10 days of our lives in the NICU, we finally go home as a family of 3

Lyndon's very first outing, except the occassional Sonic runs, was on Father's Day. We dedicated Lyndon to the Lord at our church.


On Halloween, we had the cutest little green turtle you had ever seen.

Lyndon's first plane ride was at 5 months to Chicago. It was a great trip.


Christmas was so much fun this year with a little guy around.

At 7 mths, Lyndon traveled 11 hrs in the car to Colorado and saw his first real snow.

During the winter we'd have some nice days and Lyndon learned he really loves to swing

Not walking on his own, but is a pro at walking with his little walker.

Lyndon had to have a minor surgical procedure done, God again was so faithful and once again Lyndon was a strong little guy and did wonderful.


As a family we took part in supporting the March of Dimes this year. Our March for Babies walked was rained out and rescheduled, but we were prepared and ready to walk.

I had a very sweet and special first Mother's Day. I love being his mommma!

Then here we are celebrating our little guy and having a blast. (for the record, he weighed in at 19.6 lbs...YEA he did well)






How was that for my first post? I hope you enjoy the life of us Behymer's. It's pretty exciting around here.

I have a 1 year old...weird totally weird!!

3 comments:

Cara Puryear said...

YAY! Welcome to blogland!!!
Now you will spend all week fluffing and redesigning your blog :) Or, at least that's what I did once I figured out HOW to do it :)
I'm so glad you got one so I can see pics of sweet Lyndon....miss you both, and I suppose Jeffery too.
Love, Aunt Bea

McCain Family said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will be so much fun for me to see what is going on in your world.

You are now the mother of a 1 year old. Congratulations!

I love all of these pictures. You look great!

Love you!

Kelly Beane said...

I'm so glad all is well your way & I can't wait to hear more about your adventures with a one year old! Much love!